Jul 19, 2008

I sUrVivEd 1 day & night at CaMp!










I survived a day at girls camp and I'm beat! I don't think I could've lasted the whole week if they stayed up that late each night. I must be getting very old! Anyhow, a few of us left Friday morning at 7 and we got there at 9 so we were ready to go and have fun! Luckily for us it rained and the events got pushed back a day so we were able to enjoy all the activities. Shooting which I'm not very good but I hit 2 in the black, the ZiPLinE was a blast even though the brake man forgot to break. I honestly thought I was going to hit a tree (the pic isn't very good). We saved the best for last... this waterslide was AWESOME, it ROCKED! First I started out not wanting to get my top wet because I only brought one bra but that changed quite quickly when I found out going head first was the ONLY way to go! Mary and I volunteered to stay with both groups because we just couldn't get enough of that darn waterslide. It totally made it worth the trip! I am so bruised and sore from riding this thing - I can't show you the bruises but I'm black and blue on my tail bone, hips, and forearms! Then we had our turn to shower but didn't plan on showering so that made it a little difficult to dry off with NO towel. Luckily I had a golf towel in my bag (Thanks Travis from a few Christmas' ago) - it was quite the site but I was covered in mud and had to get clean! We had a great dutch oven dinner and Mormon Battalion program and followed up with our testimony meeting. Then the fun began up again -- President Hafen and Judge Dodd better watch out! Water fights, wandering around that stinkin' mountain with buckets of water... let's just say I didn't get much sleep but we had a great time!
So THANKS girls for a great day at CaMp - you wore me out! I'm gearing up for next year!

5 comments:

Cami Jo said...

(What's with those other comments???)

Anyway- looks like you had fun. I'm going to my girl's camp on the 29th of this month. Unfortunately, I have to go the WHOLE time! J/K. It should be fun. I really love camping!

Gina and John Zarate Family said...

Steph Sorry I miss understood at church what you wanted to know about the picture of Bri.I thought you were talking about the slide show. THe picture of Bri with the black and white with the color I did just with my camera. It has a color Accent setting. I just started playing around with it more. Anyway sorry! I love your Layout where did you get it? Thanks again for swim lessons!

Unknown said...

Hey, we were up on kolob This weekend too. Looks like you had a fun time at girls camp. I heard all about the zip line and the water slide. I wish we did that sort of stuff when I went to girls camp!

Harn's said...

You totally look like you had fun! Looks like you go the best deal, go up on the last day and do all the fun end of the week stuff and then go back home to the fam! I am glad you had fun!

Linge Crew said...

Looks like you had fun! I just starting blogging, I didn't realize how many people are doing this. Hope you don't mind I added you on my page:) Let me know if your doing another swim class.