Nov 20, 2008

This post is from Kirstin....

My sister Kirstin is going to Guatemala in January for a week.... she is helping at an orphanage and below is a little info about what they need. She is going with a girl who went over in August and she is going back to volunteer also. Kirstin will be taking an extra suitcase just for items that are needed at the orphanage. BABY FORMULA and SCHOOL SUPPLIES are what they are asking for. She is hoping to get everything collected by the first week of January. If you have any questions or would like to make a donation please email me and I'll pass it along to Kirstin. My email is winters_10@hotmail.com or you can always leave me a comment! THANKS for reading and helping out if you can :)


Hello Ladies!!
This year I have been very involved with an orphanage in Guatemala and in August I went there to volunteer. In January I will be returning along with Kari Nash in our ward to the orphanage for another 7 days. I am taking an extra suitcase full of things to help feed the babies and meet their needs.
If anyone has a used Baby Monitor that they no longer need, they are in desperate need of one. The orphanage is constructed completely of cement, including the walls so it is very difficult to hear the babies when they wake up.
They are also in need of baby formula. We currently have about 7 babies in the orphanage, and they range from all ages. This is especially important because even the older babies drink formula. None of the children drink real milk because it's not pasteurized in Guatemala. Leading to a high risk of illnes. Even the adults drink powdered milk, or hot milk to help kill the bacteria. If you have any leftover formula sitting in your homes, it would be greatly appreciated because formula is SOO expensive there. Anything of that nature must be imported into the country.
I know these are tough times for everyone. I really don't want someone strain their family budget in any way, but if you already have it in your home and no longer have a need for it, these children would benefit from your donation. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's awesome that Kirstin gets to do that. I wish we had some of the stuff she needs to send with her.
I just had to smile reading about Brooklin's first visit to the dentist, now you have an idea of what my days are like everyday! :)
Cody

Anonymous said...

Oh man I have so much stuff I'm getting Friday, what about you? call me I also have your # so I will give ya a ring when are you out? me 4 AM

Pilkington Family said...

Very cute family...I am going to need kasey's email or he has to add me to his blog (since its private) so I can see their little family too:) Hopefully we will get to see everyone again soon!!