Sep 6, 2016

sad news

6.1.16

Earlier this week we got horrible, sad news that
Amanda (Jon's stepdaughter) had been murdered
and found in her backyard.  She had struggled with 
her demons but no one should have to die by being
stabbed to death and left to die. She left behind 3 kids
which my aunt and uncle had been taking care of.
My dad, Kasey and I drove up for the funeral
and I'm so happy we were there to support our
family. It was heartbreaking as they closed the casket,
 the girls were sobbing and yelling, "that's my mom,
no that's my mom. Don't take her." It was really 
sad and everyone was in tears. My aunt and uncle
were very appreciative that we were able to attend.
The service was a nice tribute to Amanda and 
the woman she truly was.
After the cemetery we went to lunch with 
Susan and Robert, Bruce and Holly, Mark, Jody
and Haylie.... It was nice to visit with them!

No comments: