Jan 3, 2015

our trip north

We headed to Salt Lake the 2nd weekend in Dec
for the Winters Family party at Susan's house
and Tyler's homecoming on Sunday.
We stayed at the Whiting's and had a fun
time visiting with them.
Friday night we stopped in Draper to check out
the tree of life at their park. It was unbelievable!!






Saturday we met Grandpa Gene and Grandma Karen
for lunch at Zupa's! Then we went back to see
Grandpa's place since my parents, Nick and the
kids hadn't seen it yet. Grandpa laid down to have
a nap and I laid next to him and he grabbed my hand
and just held it. It was the sweetest and most heartbreaking
thing ever!!! I just love him so much and it's so hard to
see those you love suffer from such an awful disease
(Alzheimer's). He is so mellow and easy going - he's not
mean, he just doesn't know any of us. He can still
recognize Karen and sometimes his kids.






We had fun visiting with everyone at the the Winters party..
I didn't take any pics - that's so unlike me!!!


Sunday as we came out of church it was snowing
and the kids thought that was so cool!





No comments: