May 23, 2012

St George Tri

Yes, you read that right - the St. George Triathlon! I somehow got suckered into participating, the event was swimming! Talk about anxiety for 2 months... I think I trained a total of 4 times which I wouldn't even consider training, I just swam to see if I could make the entire half mile. Factor in the wet suit I'd be wearing, the lovely swim cap and goggles - I was a mess!
Saturday came and I got my wet suit on without the use of cooking spray (the lady next to me was spraying away)... The water was cold and I was off, I felt good going out until I made the turn to come back in and I got a leg cramp. I made it back but my time wasn't good - not sure what the exact time was since I forgot my watch!
Coach Creer did the bike with no problems and then Lunt did the run in no time flat!  It was fun but I can't say I'm ready to sign up for another one any time soon and I surely wouldn't be able to complete all 3 events by myself.  Not that we were shooting for first place but we were 5th out of 7 relay teams - no thanks to my swim, I was the weak link on the team. I did give them fair warning beforehand!!!
Thanks ladies for a great Saturday morning :)

thanks for the support!!!





don't ya love the sign???

this is quite the get up!







getting ready to get in the cold water :(

the 2 that got to stay dry and warm!

and we're off - i'm pretty much in the very back!




running to the transition station





the professional






great job!

we finished!!!

my little cheerleaders!







No comments: