Jul 10, 2010

Cedar Mountain...

My parents headed up to Cedar Mountain Tuesday and the kids were so sad they weren't invited to go! I think my parents just needed a much break from everyone.. Everyday my kids would mention something about camping so Thursday I decided we'd head up after work on Friday.
So the kids and I headed up Friday and we arrived around 3, just in time for a ride in the truck. Grandpa took us to the ice cave and Mirror Lake. Mason was brave and crawled down into the cave with me and Brooklin went farther down than I thought (she's a bit of a chicken)! When we got back to camp, Gpa took Mason and I on a ranger ride to look for deer - we only saw about 6 or so... We came back to a yummy dinner and what's camping without smores???? That's my favorite part and they (yes, 2) didn't disappoint!
Saturday morning we got up and ate breakfast then headed out on the ranger. We went to Mammoth Cave and played around for a bit, it was pretty cool. Then we took off and rode for a while, there are so many trails to choose from. I'd get lost for sure! It started to rain and we didn't have our sweatshirts or anything so we headed back for camp and it was a down pour by the end of the ride.
We had a blast for the 24 hours we were there.. wish we could've stayed longer! Thanks mom and dad for letting us crash your week of quietness for a night :)

*ice cave*

*brooklin at mirror lake*

*my little man*

*eating a yummy smore*

*climbing on the rocks by camp*

*mammoth caves*




No comments: