Mar 6, 2010

Brianhead

Today we headed to Brianhead to celebrate Sam Woods 5th birthday and he wanted to go tubing! We stopped in Cedar to eat breakfast at IHOP and then up the mountain we went..
We had a minor/major scare when we first got there. Nick had gone to get the tickets and I thought Mason had gone to the back of the truck, well he didn't and we lost him for a good 20 mins. Nick, Jeremy and I started searching around and he was nowhere... I stayed calm but I was getting scared, the inner crazy lady in me was getting ready to come out! Anyhow, I had checked the lodge and we had reported him missing and I guess the ski patrol picked him up in the orange ranger (which I'm sure he was thrilled to be riding in the cool orange ranger) somewhere in the parking lot and had taken him in and sat him on a bench. Well Mason decided to go hide in the girls bathroom and wouldn't come out for anyone - Jeremy had to go in and get him. He wasn't crying but he was scared to death. Poor little guy :( My little stinker boy Mason was hugged and loved on soooo much today. I couldn't imagine life without my little guy. When I walked out and saw he was safe, the tears just rolled out. I'm so relieved he was safe and this didn't end any other way. Thank you so much for helping us search Jeremy!!!


Now it was time to have some FUN! Mason and I stayed at the bottom and took pictures, he actually fell asleep and stayed that way for the entire 2 hours. Brooklin had a blast and even tried going down on her tummy!

*mason dragging around the sled (before getting lost)*

*my little snow bunny*

*taking a much needed nap after his traumatic morning*

*being so brave*

*my sweet kiddos*


After tubing we headed up to the truck and ate yummy rainbow cupcakes and opened presents! Sam and Brooklin are such good buddies and I love how nice they are to each other. They get so excited to see each other and Sam got to ride up the mountain with us so we had a happy truck!





**Thanks Woods Family for the invite, we had a GrEaT day and enjoyed celebrating with Sam**

2 comments:

'T' said...

Steph how scary, I'm so glad all was alright.

Sher said...

That's awesome Mason's potty- trained. I need to start working on Alyssa. That is so scary that you lost him for a few, so glad it turned out happy.