Jul 21, 2009

What's in a Name?

So I'm taking this idea from Evonne's blog and telling about how I came up with the kids names. There's no big story to them but if I write them down then my kiddos will have it to read at a later time!


BROOKLIN ANN

As most girls I know, I too have a running list of names that I love. I have had them written down for many years but Brooklin came about when I was going to school in Cali.. I hate to admit this but she is named after a Beastie Boys song - No Sleep Til Brooklyn. I never really thought about Brooklin for a name but it must have stuck with me. I just changed the spelling because I liked the "i" better!

Once I found out I was pregnant and after finding out it was a girl, Brooklin was set in stone! There was no other name out there, both Nick and I agreed that is what it would be. I wasn't planning on a middle name but Nick's mom had got cancer and we weren't sure if she was going to make it to meet our little one. She was able to meet Brooklin and that is where the Ann came from.

Brooklin is quite funny with her name - she likes to be called B or Brooklin, none of this Brook or Brooky stuff. It's B or the real thing :)



MASON NICHOLAS

There's not a huge story for my little guy's name. We pretty much had one name picked out from the get go and that was Mason. I had taught swimming lessons to the cutest little blonde hair, blue eyed little boy years ago and his name was Mason. I loved that we could use Nicholas as a middle name so his initials would be MnM (like M&M)!

3 comments:

Evie B. said...

Very cute! And I love the pics of the kids. :) Miss you guys!

Shanna said...

CUTE! Love the pic's as well

Shannon said...

This is so great that you wrote down where their names came from, what a great idea! My kids are always asking me and I've told them each a million times, but I've never written it down, thanks for the idea!