Jun 20, 2009

~Hogle Zoo~

Saturday we babysat Jackson while Kasey and Meridee went to a wedding. Cole had a soccer game in the morning so we headed over to cheer him on... he even scored a goal! Holly took Brooklin with her so the kids could play together for most of the day. I attempted to hit a store with Mason and Jackson - BIG mistake!!! I got half way through the store and decided a might pull my hair out if I try to conquer the entire store, so we went back to gma's for lunch and a nap!
Later in the afternoon I picked up Cole and Brooklin and headed to the zoo! Kasey and Meridee met us up there and we also ran into Chrissy, her mom and kiddos. I have to admit, I was not too impressed with the zoo. I remember it being so cool when I was a kid but a lot of the exhibits were closed and all the animals were sleeping. I was pretty bummed out but the kids had a good time.
After the zoo we grabbed dinner and went back to gma's so Cole and Brooklin could play on grandma's playground!

*the crew (sam, ethan, mason, ava, brooklin, cole)*

*mason on "alex" the lion*

*kasey * jackson*

*brooklin on a zebra*

*looking at a huge snake*

*meridee * kasey * jackson*

*mason * mom * brooklin*

*about the only animal awake*

*meridee * jackson*

*cole * brooklin * mason*

*the lion drinking fountain*


On Sunday we skipped out on church and went shopping (i know, that's bad but i needed some retail therapy)! We hit the mall and a few stores, the kids were even decent for me. After lunch we went the play with Andrew and Ansley for a couple hours. The kids had a ball playing with all their toys! For dinner we had a bbq at Kathleen and Shane's house, all their kids came over so it was fun to visit with them. Thanks for the great meal and for the little walk around the neighborhood!
Monday we didn't get moving to early. We cleaned up the basement and played out in the rain for a little bit. It was a little coldy while we were up there and I didn't pack a jacket for B so we had to find her one. Before heading home we hit a few more stores and Cafe Rio for lunch. The kids did great in the car and we made it home by early evening!

1 comment:

Hafen Crew said...

I love the Lion drinking fountain. I used to drink from that when I was little, it was the highlight of the zoo! I'm glad you had a fun trip! Hope the rest of your summer is great!