Aug 13, 2014

birthday party/pioneer celebration

Saturday we had grandpa's birthday at the rec
center at 2. We had pizza, cake and ice cream and
swam for a little bit!! Then we headed home to rest
before the program that night. West Jordan had a
pioneer program that Merrill Osmond had produced and
they were honoring grandpa Sat night. It was good 
show about the pioneers and I sat by grandpa and 
entertained him. He was so worried that the fireworks 
were going to land on his head or lap. Then he kept having
me feel his back pocket to check for his wallet, he told me
he had a $100 in there and didn't want anyone to take it!!
Then he started in on grandma's purse which was under my 
chair and he was so worried about the purse that I finally 
just held it on my lap so he could see it. He kept asking
how he was going to get home since he couldn't see
grandma anywhere (she was sitting with the family).
I really enjoyed spending that time with him even
though he had no clue who I was!! He's such a sweet
ole man and I just love him too pieces...




























































No comments: