Oct 14, 2012

marathon time - not for me of course!!!

The first weekend of October
means one thing, MaRaThOn weekend!
It was so fun cheering Kasey on last year
that I wanted to make it a point to cheer
every year... This year one of my besties
was running Chrissy and Jeremy Woods!
The kids and I made a weekend out of it
since Kirstin was coming down, my other
bestie Holly was going to be in town and
the Baker's were stopping for a sleepover
on Saturday night!!!
Friday night I met up with Holly and
her new babe Halsey (so mad I never
got a pic - thought I'd see her again 
at some point durning the weekend)!
Saturday morning Kirstin, Brooklin and myself
headed out to the marathon - we wanted to try and
get to mile 13 to cheer but it was too crazy and
we didn't want to miss them crossing the finish line.
So we set up around mile 22 - it's so inspiring
 to watch all the runners and all ages and I think
for a split second that maybe this is something I'd want
to do... then reality hits and I don't want too!!!
When we saw Chrissy, I started getting emotional -
she had a tear in her hamstring and she still ran it. 
Her and Jeremy have been training so hard and been
so dedicated, it was so awesome to see them running
together and Jeremy encouraging her to keep going!
As they past, we were booking it to the finish line
but Jer flagged us down and wanted us to stop one 
more time. So we flew into the Freddy's and cheered
them on one more time before headed to the finish line!
Chrissy was struggling but she was doing amazing
and she was almost done... Kirstin and B headed to the
finish line to take pics and I stayed back a little ways 
to cheer them on the final last stretch... 
They did so awesome and finish at 4:03 with a bum leg!!!
I'm so proud of them and had so much fun
being their cheerleader! I think I'd do much
better at that than actually running!!!
I think next year, we will take our bikes and 
bike some of it...



the first girl to come thru..



random!!!

giving high 5's

here they come...














we were both bawling!! 




No comments: