Jan 7, 2012

one for the record books...

I'm not really sure how I got talked into running a 5k but I did and I finished! I didn't think it would be too bad since Shannon said she would walk/run it... Well we got started and she never stopped running!!! I honestly hate running - anyone who knows me, knows I do not run. Maybe that's why I love softball, not much running involved!
Anyhow, as we started running this morning we headed down Riverside Road and then towards Scenic on pavement. The turn around spot was supposed to be when the pavement ends (which I thought was way to far in the first place)! So we hit the sign "Pavement Ends" and everyone keeps running - for another mile.... Seriously! We finally reach the turn around spot not knowing we went the extra distance until one of the 10k people informed us... Holy Smokes - I don't run and I didn't train for this but now I'm running 5.4 miles to be exact.
Long story short, I made it in 1:01:16... I'm still alive and my calves are burning!!! It was a nice little jaunt this morning and I'm happy I did it and finished... I still hate running but I wouldn't mind doing a real 5k every once in awhile!!!

before the big run

always time for a pic :)

we made it!!!! (seriously wanting to die at this point)

don't judge - I finished!!!!

No comments: