Apr 10, 2011

~a sad loss~

On Wednesday March 30th I had gone to Vegas for a game and on the way home I got a text from my mom saying Tammy had passed away in her sleep and Glen had found her when he got home from work. My stomach sank as I read this and I just couldn't believe it. I was so sad for Glen and her kids, grandkids, all the family. 
It was such a crazy weekend coming up and I was just hoping the funeral wouldn't be until Monday or Tuesday because I wasn't going to miss it. So Sunday evening my parents and I headed north to attend the funeral on Monday April 4th. I'm so thankful I was able to be there and see her one last time. I was in tears the second I walked into the church and saw all the pictures, the video they had put together and saw her family.  The service was perfect! The kids did an amazing job and she would've been so proud - there were a lot of laughs and that's how she would want it!
Tammy holds a special place in my heart and always will. We were lucky enough not only to be related but live on the same street while I was growing up. I have fond memories of hanging out with Shanna and Beau and being at their house. Tammy always had a Holiday Oil mug full of Pepsi... She was always so loud, funny, full of life and had a great sense of humor. She was always there when I needed someone to talk too or just needed a hug.
Tammy will be truly missed by many and I will never forget her - family functions just won't be the same with her gone! I love you....

                                                      Tamera Lynn Ballard
                                                           1959 - 2011

Tamera (Tammy) Lynn Fullmer Ballard returned to her Heavenly Father’s care on March 30, 2011. She left peacefully in her sleep after courageously battling ongoing health issues.
Tammy was born on April 7, 1959 to Jay and Marilyn Fullmer, the oldest of seven children. She cherished family above all and enjoyed a happy childhood with her brothers and sisters and was exceedingly proud of her family's boxing legacy. Tammy was outgoing and clever and was known by her family as ‘Fun Aunt Tammy‘. Always the one to poke fun, she often referred to herself as not short, but ‘tall for her height’. She was a beautician, a craft-queen and most of all a wonderful mother and grandmother. Tammy and her husband Glen were sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple on June 23, 1978 and raised their family in West Jordan. With Glen, she shared in her greatest accomplishment, raising four beautiful children who are grateful for the legacy of love, compassion and service that she has left behind.
Tammy is survived by her children Shanna (Travis), Beau (Evonne), Shay (Tiffany) and Brienna (Sam); her eleven grandchildren (her ‘angels’) Shantell, Braeden, Tatum, Jakelle, Hayden, Kehlden, Layne, Kelsie, Greydie, Brylee and Cierra; her mother and father, two sisters, four brothers and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her maternal and paternal grandparents.
Funeral services will be held on Monday at 11 am in the Prairie Stake Building 7000 S. Clernates Drive (5325 W.), West Jordan. Friends may call Sunday evening from 6-8 pm at the Broomhead Funeral Home 12600 S. 2200 W. in Riverton and Monday 1 hour prior to services at the church.
her grandkids

Beau, Brienna, Glen, Shanna & Shay



Shellie & Shareen - her sisters

What a GREAT family!


No comments: