Oct 25, 2010

Best Cook Award.... Grandma Winters

Just a little preface to this story... My Grandma Winters is the BEST cook, hands down. She can make anything and it's always perfect to the taste - with the exception of her leaving sugar out of her banana cream pies last Thanksgiving! Anyhow, I can remember as a child eating breakfast over at her house and she always made pancakes... she would ask what we wanted her to make and she always pulled through with what we asked for. So Brooklin and Mason have caught on to Grandma's pancakes and they love asking her to make things such as airplanes, mickey mouse, butterflies, etc..
A couple weeks ago I told Brooklin I'd make her pumpkin pancakes for breakfast and she told me that I can't cook like Grandma Winters - which I know is a true fact but I was going to prove her wrong! So I colored my batter orange and my pancakes looked just like pumpkins even with the stems (no pictures to prove it). When I called her into eat, she was quite impressed and said, "Mom, you can cook like Grandma Winters!" It was so cute and it made my day...
Here's a pic of our ghost pancakes we had Saturday, my kids love these!

1 comment:

Pilkington Family said...

I have to tell you that grandma and pancakes is one of my most favorite memories with her. She COULD make anything you asked and it looked perfect. She always added raisins for eyes and I loved it. I really miss her... We are going to go to Utah dec 2 for two weeks. We should plan a get together at grandmas house or something!!

and now that im thinking about it her jam was super yummy too. i might need some more recipes:)