Jun 3, 2014

triathlon time baby!!!

Tues, May 20th was Brooklin's big day!
In 3rd grade the kids run down and back the
length of the field plus around the field on the 
cement! We all know the girls in this family
aren't very fast but I just told B to do her best
and pace herself. She ran the entire time and 
made up some time on the scooters and swimming.
I think she finished in the top 25-30 which is
awesome considering there were over 100 girls
competing! I was proud of her for doing her best
and not giving up even though that was a long way to run!!










 Mason's was the next day and he was pumped!
The morning of the race he said, "Mom I just hope
to finish in the top 5!" He only had to run down and 
back on the field and he was in 10-12th place coming
in from the run. He hauled butt on the scooters and made
up a ton of time, he came out of the scooters first
and only looked back to make sure his best bud Decker
was behind him!!! He ended up taking 1st and Decker took 
2nd which was so awesome - I wish I captured the pic of them
both hugging each other after the race! They were so tired and 
almost fell into each others arms, it was so cute!!
I'm so proud of Mason, that group of boys are going to have
some amazing athletes in the future! So excited to watch them
grow up and compete in athletics!!!


































No comments: