Nov 4, 2012

our long weekend in utah - saturday

Kirstin and I had a lovely afternoon
of shopping and we actually got
some retail therapy in!!!


The Winters were getting together at 
Holly's house around 3 for dinner and visiting.
Not everyone could be there but it was 
nice to see those who were able to make it!
I sure miss our family - we don't see each
other near enough!
Kirst and I had to leave at 5 to meet
at Gpa Gene's house - they sold the
property they live on and so they 
moved to a new home. And this was the 
final get together to claim what treasures were
left in the home.
My mom and her brothers had met earlier
in the day to get their stuff and the 
grandkids got to pick from the leftovers.
We were all able to get a pair a grandpa's
boxing gloves and a shoe and some other
memorabilia. We also picked from some pics
that had been hanging in restaurants.
And then we moved to household items and
I was 2nd to pick -- I chose the piano that
was downstairs. It was my Great Grandma Mary's
old upright  player piano but the player is now
gone. I'm not sure where I'm going to put it
or how I'm going to get it in my house. 
This thing was a beast to move and I appreciate
all the help from my uncles and cousins!!!!








shar was a good supervisor


No comments: